25 Things to Photograph was a public project anyone could participate in, photographer or not. Using smartphone cameras, 123 participants interpreted and made one picture of each item listed here.
The work was exhibited Pioneer Works in Red Hook, Brooklyn on November 14, 2021.
View install images here
Courtesy of Pioneer Works © Walter Wlodarcyzk
- Do I have to be a photographer or artist to participate?
Not at all, everyone of all levels is welcome.
- Do I have to photograph each thing on the list?
Yes. If it’s challenging, loosen your interpretation or try to visualize the thing in a different way.
- What ratio should I photograph in?
The default ratio of 4:3 (vertical or horizontal) or 1:1 (square)
- Where do I submit my pictures?
Submit your pictures here
- Where is the website for the online exhibit?
All participants will be notified once all the pictures are collected and online for public viewing.
- Where and when will the physical exhibition be held?
Sunday, November 14, 2021
- Isn’t this project David Campany’s assignment?
Yes, he originally published this assignment, “What to Photograph” in Source Magazine No. 65, Winter 2011. View his statement here
- How is this funded?
With the generous grant from NYC’s City Artist Corps Grant and the in-kind support of Pioneer Works.
- I have other questions not addressed here.
Please direct your questions to mail(at)25photographs(dot)com
25 Photographs is an initiative started by Dawn Kim
This website was made by Bryant Wells