An empty room
Someone in motion
A person asleep
A loud sound
A kitchen still life
Something left behind by someone else
A portrait of someone who loves you
Things in a pile
Things in a line
A red car
A cloud that looks like something else
A scene outside a window
An unmade bed
A self portrait
- Do I have to be a photographer or artist to participate?
- Not at all, everyone of all levels is welcome.
- Do I have to photograph each thing on the list?
- Yes. If it’s challenging, loosen your interpretation or try to visualize the thing in a different way.
- What ratio should I photograph in?
- The default ratio of 4:3 (vertical or horizontal) or 1:1 (square)
- Where do I submit my pictures?
- Submit your pictures here
- Where is the website for the online exhibit?
- All participants will be notified once all the pictures are collected and online for public viewing.
- Where and when will the physical exhibition be held?
- Pioneer Works
Sunday, November 14, 2021
Learn more about Pioneer Works
- Isn’t this project David Campany’s assignment?
- Yes, he originally published this assignment, “What to Photograph” in Source Magazine No. 65, Winter 2011. View his statement here
- How is this funded?
- With the generous grant from NYC’s City Artist Corps Grant and the in-kind support of Pioneer Works.
- I have other questions not addressed here.
- Please direct your questions to mail(at)25photographs(dot)com
25 Photographs is an initiative started by Dawn Kim
This website was made by Bryant Wells